I have a PhD in the study of UV radiation through cloud (and a few scientific publications to her credit), and currently run several science labs at an Adelaide secondary school where I find excuses to ignite things. Other people call it chemistry.
Here's a bit more about me, about my interests when I'm not at work!
In alphabetical order:
- Industrial Heritage - a developing interest in our industrial (and engineering) heritage fuelled by the knowledge of how hard it is to get anything to work. Think: steam locomotives, sailing ships, power stations, bridges, chronometers, outstanding architecture - in the days before plastic and concrete prefabricated walls/
- Nature - [under construction] a long time passion for (feathered) birds, native animals in general, native plants, bushwalking, the outdoors...
- Science portfolio - the rumours are true. Yes, I have a background in Science and currently run one set of science labs (where I get to play with chemicals) at an Adelaide school. And it has details of "The Study Years."
- Writing portfolio - current status for this emerging author
- What I'm reading - a fun page